It's the beginning of April. No showers today. Instead, a dappled stream of sunlight waves softly across my page as I sit outside. It's my last class at Longwood Gardens, and I'm taking full advantage of the weather in order to climb the steps to the top of the waterfall at the far end of the gardens. The last time I did this, nearly seven months ago, I was a very large at nine months pregnant.

In the heat of August, I trudged up these stairs, so slowly that my not-quite-two-year-old beat me to the top. Happily, I found this bench waiting for me there and carefully backed my way onto the wooden slates, vowing I would not move again until this little life inside me decided to make an appearance. Of course I moved. My son grabbed my hand, pulling his father and me on to our next adventure in the gardens.

So on this beautiful spring morning, I knew I needed to return, a bit lighter this time. Last I was here, I was on the cusp of a new adventure - mother to two instead of one. Now, as this class comes to a close, I am about to begin another adventure. How do I carve out time to connect and reflect to the natural world once this class is over? How do I continue to find time to write about my experiences in nature?