Let's face it. I am a tech geek. I have my final project posted to the web halfway through our class. I'm online constantly. My laptop is never really all that far from me. But what I've also realized is that I am a writer.

I think my connection to technology is my way of finding an audience for my writing. When we were asked last week to either do some extensive reading or writing about nature, I choose writing, one of the few people in our class that opted to write rather than read. And in part, I think that I chose to write because I needed to find a way to make connections between what we discussed in class with what I reflected on while writing in the gardens. I needed to find a connection between my interest in technology the with my love of nature.

Different from what some might think, technology and nature are not opposed. And this is what I think my final project for this course will focus on. In fact, thinking about the future, we'll need to find ways to use technology to foster a love of the natural environment. What might that look like? How can I do this in my classroom?